- Applicants must be Texas residents
- Active Facility Manager: Scholarship awards are first granted to full time Healthcare Facility Management professionals who work and reside in the State of Texas. Minimum GPA of 2.75 (cumulative) is required as part of the scholarship application. The applicant is required to pursue a formal degree plan for bachelors or masters preparation in a field of study that compliments a career in facilities management. Examples may include business, engineering, finance, or other related coursework. These grants may be targeted toward Texas college or universities, or nationally recognized colleges or universities (on-campus or on-line program) with the appropriate coursework and degree plan considered. Active Facility Management professionals who are members of TAHFM are eligible for an annual scholarship grant of $2500.
- Students: Students at a Texas college or university who are actively seeking future employment in a healthcare facilities management or related course of study are also eligible to apply for a scholarship grant. Requirements include a full-time undergraduate or graduate student (12 credit hours) attending a Texas accredited institution. Minimum GPA of 3.0 (cumulative) is required as part of the scholarship application. Students who meet these requirements and are student members of TAHFM are eligible for an annual scholarship grant of $ 1000.
- Proof of enrollment and GPA from preceding semester (as applicable). This document should be sent directly from the school's registrar to TAHFM.
- A formal letter of recommendation from an industry professional or healthcare administrator is required. Your letter of recommendation should be sent directly from the source, under separate cover from your application. Letters can be sent via email to email@example.com or mailed to TAHFM, PO Box 26498, Austin, TX 78755.
- A Written Narrative, 500 words minimum, is required within the application. Candidates should describe their reasons for their interest in the field of facilities management.