The Texas Association of Healthcare Facilities Management, better known as TAHFM has been helping professionals in the healthcare field since 1958. The organization represents the following functional areas:
Facilities Management • Energy Management • Real Estate Services • Support Services
• Building Maintenance • Environmental Infection Control • Safety • Plant Engineering • Healthcare Design • •Security • Waste Management • Clinical and Biomedical Engineering • Healthcare Construction
• Technology Management • Environmental Services
Whether you are directly involved or simply interested in these functional areas, TAHFM membership gives you advantages that will help you reach new levels of success!
TAHFM provides an outlet for the interchange of ideas and experiences among healthcare facilities managers. Through the association, members can receive consultations on aspects of facilities management and can participate in the political process that affects their functions. Members can also receive discounts on registration to educational sessions, an annual exhibit show designed for the field, and a quarterly newsletter.
TAHFM membership is available to those with healthcare facilities management responsibilities including, but not limited to plant operations, engineering, environmental services, emergency management, safety, security, telecommunications/computer technology, biomedical technology and other related professional services.
- Networking opportunities with your peers throughout Texas and Louisiana. Share ideas and information.
- Information alerts keeping you abreast of current healthcare issues, legislative changes, and The Joint Commission standards
- Discounted educational events designed to meet current challenges and changing professional needs. Establish competency and maintain necessary professional certifications.
- Quarterly newsletters: learn what others are doing, trends developing and pitfalls or unanticipated "turns in the road.”
- Discounted membership dues for additional multiple representatives from the same organization.
- Associate Members also receive:
- Product Category Listings (Member Directory)
- Advance Notice of Interlink Sponsorship Opportunities
- Prime Booth Selection at Interlink
- Advance Notice of Regional Event Sponsorship Opportunities
- Primary Professional Active Membership is available to healthcare facilities professionals who have responsibility for operations including plant engineering, design/construction, safety, security, clinical engineering, biomedical technicians, telecommunications and other services related to healthcare facilities management. The individual associated with this membership record will be the primary point of contact on behalf of the organization. Dues in the amount of $100 are assessed to the organization each year on January 1. Additional Active Members from the SAME facility whose organization maintains a Primary Active Membership in TAHFM may register at a discounted rate of $50 per person .
Professional Positional Membership is available to uniformed military and nonuniformed
governmental positions (not individuals) maintained by healthcare-related facilities that have
responsibility in healthcare facility operations (facilities management, plant engineering,
design/construction, security, safety, clinical engineering, telecommunications). Due to the transient nature of the aforementioned positions, Professional Positional Membership provides benefits of membership to whomever assumed the position’s duties within their organization. Dues in the amount of $50 are assessed to the organization each year on January 1.
Primary Associate Memberships available to those individuals or representatives that
provide professional, technical and consulting services or sell products or services to Professional
Active Members or Professional Positional Members, but whose employers are not healthcare providers (providing patient care). Qualifying members include planners, consultants, architects, interior designers, consulting engineers, manufacturers, vendors, sellers of contracted services, and federal, state, and local healthcare facilities inspectors. Associate Members may vote, serve on committees but may not hold office.The individual associated with this membership record will be primary representative who will receive correspondence and announcements from the association. Dues in the amount of $200 are assessed to the organization each year on January 1. Primary Associate Members may register two Additional Associate Members from the same organization at no additional charge.
Educator/Student Membership Non-Voting is available to full-time educators or college students teaching or taking course work related to any discipline represented by the Society.. Dues in the amount of $25 are assessed to the student each year on January 1.
Click HERE to join today!